Should Sentient AI be used in reality? - DebateIsland Development Environment The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland Development Environment

Communities

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

Should Sentient AI be used in reality?
in Technology

Any Opinions?
  1. Live Poll

Should sentient AI be used in reality?

2 votes
    1. Yes
      50.00%
    2. No
      50.00%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Arguments

• No, because stuff like this will happen:

https://www.google.com/search?q=victims+of+religion&safe=active&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=x&ved=0ahukewihu9jugorfahwkmeakhbtib00q_auidigb&biw=1920&bih=963&safe=active

Blues and Raptors handed two very toxic teams embarrassing losses, 95% of the sports world is rejoicing in the news

Repealing the Second Amendment is the first step to Totalitarianism, and it needs to be prevented to protect our freedom 

http://www.atheistrepublic.com/
  • Well, if we somehow establish that some AIs are sentient, wouldn't it be immoral to "use" them? We could employ them, though. They would be pretty helpful in... everything we made them for I guess? 
    piloteer
  • @AlexOland

Great point. I would have marked it as a great argument and given you a point, but the icons don't seem to be present at this very moment, so no soup for you.
  • The possibility of eve developing sentient AI is so small as to be negligible. Even if we did develop them, they could have programmed stipulations to not change their own programming, to not harm humans, directly or indirectly, and to reject any external changes in their programming that contradict 1 and 2. I would recommend reading I, Robot, by Isaac Asimov, to look into this more deeply.
    "We're all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."